Thursday, Feb. 16 we delivered a truck load of corn in the village of Nasedegu, a place where people from 4 other churches met: Makandanje, Mpokwa, Salimu & Thumbwalu. These people, like hundreds of thousands more in Malawi, were hit by a tropical storm back in Jan. 2022 and they’ve lost their gardens and, in turn, their supplies of food. Malawi has only one rainy season every year and people plant their corn around it. Tropical storm ANA hit them right in the middle of the growing season which meant these people, which rely on farming, could no longer plant and harvest their food. What followed was 1 year of hunger, all the way until the next harvest, around March this year.
BBC covered the storm damage and you can also read about it on Wikipedia. I’ve written extensively about it on our Facebook page as well.
As people in Malawi still don’t have access to food, we continue to help them while we pray that God will give them a good season of harvest next month.
If you would like to GIVE towards this need, you can use the form at the bottom of this page. Currently, it costs us $1,500 to deliver a truckload of maize, which is 2 tonnes of food. Whether you give for a bag ($38) or for a truckload (40 bags), your help is very much needed and highly appreciated. Thank you and God bless you.
This is my favorite picture, as it says so much about God’s work in Malawi.
- The location: Nasedegu, a place that used to be full of darkness but where today the light of the Gospel shines through!!!
- The churches. On this blessed day, several churches came together, churches that we’ve partnered with in order to strengthen them for the Gospel work!
- The team. Faithful, caring and ready to serve their own people!
- The preacher: pastor Katerere, a respected man of God who has been so vital for the expansion of our work in Malawi! Look at him preaching before the distribution of corn, showing us that physical needs go hand in hand with the spiritual ones. (By the way, he’s the one that introduced me to Nasedegu years ago!!!)
- The truck. God gave Hope for the Future the tools that we need to serve Him! Praise the Lord.
- The corn. God promises in His Word to provide to those who seek Him first. That’s food, that’s God’s provision for His children!
- The corn (again). That’s your love and support for our ministry. Thank you for giving!